We reported last week that the Moto X camera update might come to Verizon branded units soon. The camera update was first rolled out to T-Mobile subscribers, the update basically improved Moto X’s camera performance. Other carriers were scheduled to get this update as well, and they did, Sprint, AT&T and U.S. Cellular all got it. Verizon subscribers can now rejoice, as the Moto X camera update has now been rolled out for them as well.
Keep in mind that this update is primarily focused around camera improvements, it doesn’t bump up the core Android OS version from 4.2 to 4.3. Camera related improvements include enhanced low light performance, swift switching between gallery and camera as well as improved focus times. Viewfinder has been improved for consistent exposure and HDR or High Dynamic Range has been fine tuned as well. A number of bug fixes and system performance improvements make their way into the update as well. Call quality has been improved, and so is touchless control accuracy. The usual slew of bug fixes can also be found onboard. Data stability and stall has been improved for both 3G and 4G connections. The update is rolling out over-the-air, so if you haven’t already received the notification by now, perhaps its time to try checking manually for an update through the settings application.
Next Story: 16GB Nexus 10 “Out Of Inventory” On Google Play
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-02-23: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2013-12-09: Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- 2013-12-01: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint To Offer Moto X For $0.01 On Cyber Monday
- 2013-11-20: Verizon Moto X Now Selling On Amazon For $0.01
- 2013-11-19: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4 Update Released