We’re sure there are many World of Warcraft gamers out there and fans of Blizzard’s games who are looking forward to the World of Warcraft movie which has been scheduled to begin filming in 2014. Last we heard, names such as Colin Farrell and Paula Patton could make it into the movie, although what their roles are remains to be seen. In any case if filming is scheduled to begin in 2014, when could we see the release of the movie? Well the good news is that Blizzard seems to have a very specific date in mind and has announced via their World of Warcraft Twitter account that the movie will see a release on the 18th of December 2015, meaning that gamers will have to wait a good two years before seeing anything.
For those unfamiliar, the movie will be produced by Legendary Pictures and will be directed by Duncan Jones, the man behind movies such as Moon and Source/Code. It was previously thought that Legendary Pictures had teamed up with Warner Bros. to release the film, but according to Blizzard’s tweet, it looks like they might have gone with Universal instead. A trailer of the movie has yet to be released, not surprising given that they haven’t filmed anything yet, but there was a teaser that was shown off during Comic-Con that will hopefully make its way online in the near future.
Next Story: BlizzCon 2013 In-Game Goodies Revealed
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2014-03-13: Warlords Of Draenor Will Be Released By The End Of The Year
- 2014-03-10: World Of Warcraft Movie Actor Feels Pressured