Yahoo is celebrating the 16th birthday of its Yahoo Mail web email platform by completely revamping it to offer a slew of new features for its users starting today. The new Yahoo Mail will begin to roll out today and will add a Conversations view that allows you to organize your emails within a singular thread. You’ll be also be able to collapse the left-side toolbar so you can focus squarely on your messages as well as the ability to hover over an email to have a number of options pop up including search, delete or opening the message.
Yahoo Mail is also rolling out a number of additional features that were previously only available to Mail Plus subscribers, including disposable email addresses, enhanced filters to help sort through new messages, and the ability to automatically forward your Yahoo mail to another account. Yahoo is also upping the amount of space users have for their email account as Yahoo Mail users will now have 1TB of storage space.
Themes are also being made available in today’s Yahoo Mail update across all of its versions, including its desktop browser and mobile app. A theme can be carried over across all devices, which will surely help improve the cross-platform feel of Yahoo Mail.
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2014-01-08: Yahoo Mail Now Encrypts All Connections
- 2013-12-19: Yahoo Mail Updated To Bring Tabs Back
- 2013-12-15: Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Apologizes For Mail Outage
- 2013-12-12: Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- 2013-10-14: Yahoo Mail Redesign Did Not Go Down As Well As Expected