It was sometime last week when we brought you word that there is a possibility of Apple working on a new iPad which will feature a larger display – that is, 12.9” in size. Well, that has remained a rumor even until now, but it does seem that other rumors have come together to add more weight to the situation. The Korea Times has reported that a “first-tier display supplier” is currently working on 12.9-inch Retina displays which will eventually see action on an iPad. This particular 12.9” iPad was also tipped for an early 2014 rollout.
The Korea Times did refer to an official at one of Apple’s Korean suppliers for this particular snippet of information. From history, we do know that the more famous partners in this part of the world happen to be LG Display or Samsung, so who knows – either one of them has the capability to handle the mass manufacturing of a 12.9” iPad. According to the very same “first-tier display supplier”, the new and larger iPad will feature a better image quality that will be comparable to “ultra high-definition” displays, so could we see something that is better for the eyes compared to what can be enjoyed on the iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display at the moment?
Next Story: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad