One of the perks of using a third-party Instagram app is that it affords you features that the official Instagram app might not have. This might include additional functions, but users of the Windows Phone 6tag app, the latest update will allow you to block the ads that have been inserted into the newsfeed by Instagram! We’re pretty sure Instagram won’t be too thrilled about it, and for some reason this just feels like the official app’s upcoming launch has been somewhat dampened a bit, especially with the app’s updates bringing a host of features that could rival, or maybe even out-do, the official one.
The app update will bump your version of 6tag to version 2.2.0, and apart from the ability to hide Instagram sponsored posts, you will get additional features as well. The full changelog can be found on the 6tag at the Windows Phone Store’s website, so if you’d like to check it out, hit up the Windows Phone Store for the details and the download! So Windows Phone users, this kind of feature almost kills the need for an official app, or does it? Let us know in the comments below on why you might think an official Instagram app might be better!
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-03-18: Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2013-11-19: Instagram For Windows Phone Release Might Happen Soon
- 2013-10-22: Instagram To Arrive On Windows Phone In The Coming Weeks
- 2013-08-04: #6tagram Windows Phone App Will Receive Instagram's Legal Blessing
- 2013-07-31: Instagram No Longer Deleting Posts By Third-Party Apps