2014 is the year when Samsung is expected to launch the Galaxy S5, but apart from that prediction, not much else is known about said device. Rumors have suggested that it could feature a metal frame, and thanks to a recently leaked photo, it seems that the rumors might be true! As you can see in the image above, it shows a frame of a smartphone that is apparently made from metal. According to the folks at Nowhereelse.fr, they claim that this is a component belonging to none other than the Galaxy s5, and based on what we can see, it certainly looks a bit bigger than its predecessor, the Galaxy S4, although we’re not sure by how much.
We have been hearing a fair bit of rumors of the Galaxy S5 for a while now, with the most recent one suggesting that the handset would retain its 5” display but sport a 2,560×1,440 resolution, giving it a pretty high pixel density of 560ppi. There were rumors suggesting a metal body as well, although these rumors were quickly countered with another rumor suggesting that it would still keep its plastic body, but would sport a faux leather back, similar to that of the Galaxy Note 3. Other rumored specs include a 16MP camera with ISOCELL technology and an eye sensor.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25: LG Optimus Zone 2 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-02-12: Leaked Tizen Screenshot "Confirms" New TouchWiz UI
- 2014-01-30: Samsung Creates New "Life Times" App For The Galaxy S5 [Rumor]