Its not unusual for test builds of upcoming firmware updates to be leaked. A test build of Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has been leaked online, making it the first such leak for last year’s flagship. Even though this Android 4.3 build I9300XXUGMJ9 is said to be stable, keeping in mind that this is after all a test build, there are bound to be a few bugs lurking around. Since flashing this firmware will wipe your device, it is recommended that you create a backup of all your data prior to proceeding with the installation.
The Android 4.3 update is a big deal for Galaxy S3 owners, seeing as how Samsung decided to disregard Android 4.2 altogether and upgrade directly to version 4.3 instead. Since its a test build, there exists the possibility that Samsung might add or remove features in the final build, which might take a few weeks to be released. One of the major differences this update brings is the core UI, which is now more in line with that found on Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy S4. Launcher and widgets remain the same though, at least as far as this build is concerned. Samsung Knox is missing in this particular build as well, but it is expected that Knox might make an appearance in the final build. The leaked Android 4.3 build for Galaxy S3 can be downloaded from the leak’s source.
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2013-12-18: Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-12-12: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Receives Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-11-24: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-11-18: Samsung Is Investigating Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update Issues
- 2013-11-13: Android 4.3 Update For Galaxy S3 Might Have Been Halted