Good news Samsung Galaxy S3 owners on AT&T, it looks like Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has begun rolling out for your hands (again). The update is a 600MB file and is available OTA, but given that 600MB is rather sizable, you might want to do this over WiFi rather than data as it could eat into your plan. The update comes with the build number I747UCUEMJB and will add support for Samsung’s smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear, KNOX security suite, improved performance , new camera modes, widgets, updated Samsung apps, and basically an improved overall experience for the Galaxy S3 which is a little over a year old now.
Prior to today’s update, the update had been temporarily halted after its initial rollout a couple of days ago. No word on why the update was halted, but apparently based on user reports, the update caused phones to lockup, lose WiFi connectivity, and a bunch of other issues that Samsung claimed that they would look into. Either way given that the update is making its way onto handsets once again, we can only assume that whatever issues were plaguing the previous update has since been addressed. If you have received the update, hit us up in the comments below to let us know how it is treating you!
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2013-04-01: Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 Launch Sparks Galaxy S3 Price Drop
- 2012-09-19: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 update arrives via OTA
- 2012-07-12: Samsung Galaxy S3 in garnet red from AT&T to start pre-orders this coming Sunday
- 2012-06-22: A&T's Samsung Galaxy S3 delayed until June 25th according to reports
- 2012-06-12: AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S3 expected to ship on or before the 21st of June