Earlier this month an official test build of the Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S3 was leaked online, it was said back then that the company was in the process of testing the update and ironing out bugs. A short while after the leak, Samsung started rolling out the same build for international variants of the Galaxy S3. It appears that there might be a few problems with said update, seeing as how most users who have installed it are now complaining about various issues. The issues seem to be quite major, users are noticing reduced battery life, performance lags, app crashes, Wi-Fi connection drops and even lockups of the device on the lockscreen which are only fixed by removing and reinserting the battery.
In light of all of these issues, it is possible that Samsung might have halted the rollout of Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3. Phones Review reports that the update was previously available for their device, but they initially ignored the notification to install it. They attempted updating today only to be told by the device that all of the latest updates are installed. Judging by this, it would be safe to assume that Samsung has halted the rollout. It wouldn’t come as a surprise if the same has been done with Android 4.3 for Galaxy Note 2, given the fact that both devices are almost identical in hardware and software. It would be best to hold off on updating the Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 right now, even if you’re able to, until word from Samsung comes in.
Next Story: Verizon Launches Moto G On Prepaid In Q1, 2014
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2013-12-18: Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-12-12: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Receives Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-11-24: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-11-18: Samsung Is Investigating Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update Issues
- 2013-11-04: Android 4.3 Update For Galaxy S3 Being Rolled Out