Back in September ASUS unveiled its new Transformer Pad TF701T quadcore tablet. Powered by a NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quadcore processor and aided by 2GB of DDR3L RAM, the TF701T comes with a 10.1 inch WQXGA display with 2,560×1,600 pixel resolution. Towards the end of October, the tablet became available for purchase in the U.S. Though it runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box, its going to receive a firmware update in the very near future. ASUS announced today that Android 4.3 for Transformer Pad TF701T is going to be rolled out on November 18th.
ASUS will roll out the update over-the-air, so be sure to tap that update button in the settings app a few times on November 18th. Apart from bringing the standard features that are included in Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, this update will improve battery life, dock battery charging as well as trackpad responsiveness in the dock. The dock has a QWERTY keyboard, secondary battery that increases battery life up to 17 hours and a USB 3.0 port. While the update isn’t exactly the latest release, Android 4.4 KitKat, it should only be a matter of time before ASUS brings KitKat goodness to the Transformer Pad TF701T. Perhaps that might happen in the first few months of 2014, though ASUS is yet to confirm the names of devices which be updated to the latest Android iteration.
Next Story: YouTube For Nintendo 3DS Coming Later This Month
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-10-16: ASUS Transformer Pad TF701T Goes On Sale 21st October
- 2013-06-16: Nexus 7 2 Photo Spotted Online