Leaving your laptop unattended is usually a bad idea, especially if you have sensitive documents on it, or in the event your friends update your Facebook or Twitter status with lewd messages. However carrying it with you to the toilet isn’t exactly an ideal or efficient solution and if you’re tired of having to click log out every time you step away from your laptop, Atama’s latest solution dubbed the Sesame might be worth taking a look at. The Sesame is essentially a cigarette lighter sized fob that will automatically lock a Mac computer once the owner steps away from it. The device takes advantage of the Mac’s use of Bluetooth 4.0 LE and claims that the laptop’s battery will barely be affected by it.
Sesame works by using OS X’s built-in screen saver password function and users will be able to determine how far they are in order to engage the screen saver, with an option to pause iTunes playback at the same time. For those who are a bit more security conscious, there is a two-factor authentication feature in which not only will you have to enter your system’s password, but press the button on the Sesame as well. Atama is expected to release Sesame later in November where it will be compatible with a variety of Mac desktops and laptops and will be priced around $39.99.
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors