With the release of a new generation of video game consoles, we think it’s best to reflect on all the joys previous generations gave us along the way. The Atari 2600 was a video game console we’re sure many of us have fond memories of, which is why we think you should pay homage to it through this set of custom Atari 2600 action figures.
One company that had a pretty good list of big titles on the Atari 2600 was Activision. Games like Pitfall!, Keystone Kapers and H.E.R.O. kept gamers entertained for hours on end. That’s why Dan Polydoris decided to create a custom set of action figures paying homage to some of the iconic heroes included in Activision’s biggest Atari 2600 games.
A total of five action figures were created by Polydoris, which were originally various G.I. Joe action figures, but through some custom work, they’re now action figures of popular Activision heroes. Heroes like Pitfall Harry, Officer Kelly, Frostbite Bailey, Roderick Hero and Short-Order Sam have all been immortalized as their own action figures.
Now if only Polydoris would be willing to sell his action figures as I’d certainly like to add them to my gaming collection. I mean, who wouldn’t want a Pitfall Harry action figure?
- 2014-02-21: New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12: Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06: Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-25: Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22: Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes
- 2013-11-22: Sony Rumored To Be Buying Back Crash Bandicoot Franchise From Activision