In regards to a possible sequel for Atlus’ popular Persona series, there’s certainly been a lot of writing on the wall hinting at its possible reveal. Earlier this year, Atlus’ parent company registered a domain for Persona 5, and since then, there have been a number of rumors a speculation regarding the title. This week, Atlus let the news fly as Persona 5 has officially been announced.
Atlus announced Persona 5 will launch for the PlayStation 3 in Japan in winter 2014 as well as three spin-off titles heading to multiple platforms. To whet the appetite of Persona fans everywhere. Atlus released a teaser trailer for Persona 5 which shows off five chairs that have a ball and chain attached to one of their legs. “You are a slave,” the text in the teaser trailer says. “Want emancipation?” We’re not entirely sure what that means, but we guess that’s the exact purpose of a teaser trailer as it certainly has got us scratching our noggins.
As of now, there’s been no North American release date announced by Atlus, but considering how popular the Persona series has been for the company in recent years, we have no doubt they would release Persona 5 in the U.S. Just expect it to possibly get here in around two years considering the Japanese version is releasing in December 2014.
Next Story: PS4, PS Vita Ultimate Bundle Promo Image Leaked
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-12-16 Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17
- 2013-12-10 Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-11-15 Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-11-06 Sony Announces 80M PS3 Consoles Have Been Sold Globally
- 2013-11-01 Limited Edition PS3 Transparent Controller Going On Sale Dec. 19 In Japan