Late last month both Verizon and Sprint rolled out the Android 4.3 update for their variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and now its AT&T’s turn. That’s right, the AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update has finally been released today. Samsung started rolling out the update to the international variant in mid-October, carrier branded variants usually have to wait a little longer. The update will no doubt please Galaxy S4 owners on AT&T, even though this isn’t the latest release, Android 4.4 KitKat has grabbed the spotlight now.
The AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update brings a number of new features, including support for the Galaxy Gear smartwatch as well as the Samsung Knox enterprise security suite. The update, build JSS15J.1337UCUEMJ9, is a whopping 719 MB, so make sure you’re connected to a decent Wi-Fi network before downloading it. Since it is rolled out over the air, the update can be downloaded and installed on the device itself, no need to hook it up to a computer. Its best to update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean right now, given the fact that it will take quite a while before Android 4.4 KitKat is released for Samsung’s flagship smartphone. Hopefully this release won’t be as bug-infested as Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3.
Next Story: First Jolla Phone Releases On November 27th
- 2014-04-09: Transit Wireless And AT&T Target 242 More NYC Subway Stops
- 2014-04-08: SoftBank Reportedly Considering Bid For Vodafone
- 2014-04-04: AT&T Joins The Party, Offers BlackBerry Deal Of Their Own
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Service Plan Price Cut To Match AT&T
- 2014-03-30: TWRP For Sprint And AT&T HTC One M8 Released
- 2014-01-15: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-01: Android 4.3 Stability Update Rolling Out Across The Globe For Galaxy S4
- 2013-11-18: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Temporarily Halted
- 2013-11-04: AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom Launches November 8th For $199 On Contract
- 2013-09-26: Galaxy Gear's Basic Functions Already Compatible With Galaxy S4