Lookout is one of the many security apps available for Android, and perhaps one of the most widely used one. Its user base is set to grow substantially as it has clinched a deal to be install on all AT&T Android devices, that includes smartphones and tablets. The app will come pre-loaded on the carrier’s devices, and while customers usually referred to pre-loaded apps as “bloatware,” this is perhaps one app that they might find themselves using for real. AT&T will offer customers basic protection for free, those looking to go the extra mile can purchase Lookout’s premium protection for $2.99 per month, which will be added to their bill.
The Lookout security app can be used to locate a stolen or missing Android device, to back-up data and to manage phone security. From Lookout’s website, users can manage multiple devices and even locate them on a Google map. This actually isn’t Lookout’s first deal with a mobile carrier. Last year it signed a deal with Germany’s Deutsche Telekom to better protect its European subscribers. As previously mentioned, customers with AT&T Android smartphones and tablets will get the app, that includes the Galaxy Note 3 as well, so even if phablets aren’t explicitly mentioned, rest assured they’re covered as well.
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-06-27: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-05-13: HTC First Expected To Be Discontinued Due To Poor Sales [Rumor]
- 2013-05-01: AT&T LG Optimus G Pro Hands On Rreview
- 2013-04-18: Archos 35, 50 and 53: New Affordable Unlocked Android Smartphones