The PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is the only version running on a next-generation console that runs in native 1080p, although it apparently suffers from frame rate issues throughout much of the game’s experience. Apparently, it seems the only way to experience a full 1080p Call of Duty: Ghosts experience is through a day-one patch as the game will run at 720p out of the box without the update.
The reason why Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 720p is due to what an Activision representative calls a “configuration error” in the retail disc version. “This has been addressed with a day-one software update,” continues the Activision rep. “People will be able to download the day-one update when PlayStation 4 launches in their territory and play at native 1080p.”
Infinity Ward announced last month the PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts was expected to run at 1080p, while the Xbox One version will run at 720p. The “configuration error” seems like a pretty strange reason for the PlayStation 4 version to launch as a 720p game, to then be patched to have it running at 1080p. Either way, if you have a copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PlayStation 4, we hope the update process isn’t too tedious so you can enjoy the game at 1080p, the way Infinity Ward intended.
Next Story: Cybercrime Center By Microsoft
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5