DevBeat – hosted by VentureBeat on November 12-13 in San Francisco — is the can’t-miss event for those bright, motivated, mid-career developers.
What to Expect:
- Take ‘master classes’ on Node, Angular, Python, and more
- Dive into workshops on security, design, and dev team leadership
- Hear talks from hackers like DHH, Stallman, Lerdorf, and many others
- Make decisions about what to learn, do, and be in the years to come
- Hack hardware hands-on with your peers
- Venture deeper into polyglot territory
- Explore new career paths
The program is high-level but hands-on. It features two main tracks — one with focused ‘master classes’ and active participation, and one with lean-back learning in sessions with world-class guests and modern hacker heroes. Register here with code “Gizmo” and save 20%.
- Richard Stallman, Founder, Free Software Foundation
- Rasmus Lerdorf, Creator, PHP
- David Heinemeir Hansson, Creator, Ruby on Rails
- Tim Bray, Dev Advocate, Google
- Tom Preston-Werner, Co-Founder & CEO, GitHub
- Raymond Camden, Senior Developer Evangelist, Adobe
- Jeff Lawson, Co-Founder and CEO, Twilio
- Alex Payne, Programmer, Writer & Angel Investor
- Jonathan LeBlanc, Principal Developer Evangelist, PayPal
- Eric Minick, DevOps Evangelist, IBM
- See them all here
What would an event be without a good party? During your downtime, you’ll have plenty of time to network with 400 awesome developers during beer breaks, quick-connect sessions, receptions, and more.
- 2014-04-11: DataBeat - Using Data To Ignite Growth
- 2014-04-09: Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16
- 2014-03-04: French Tech Club, 9-11 March at SXSW in Austin
- 2013-12-19: The Wearable Technology Show 2014
- 2013-12-05: Often copied, never equaled – the Wearable Technologies Conference is back in Munich on January 27 and 28!
- 2013-10-01: ad:tech New York - November 6-7