Blizzard originally released Diablo 3 back in early 2012 on PC and Mac, while PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners recently got their own version of the title this past September. It looks like the move to consoles helped push Diablo 3′s overall sales as Activision-Blizzard has announced the title has sold 14 million copies since its release.
Around this time last year, Blizzard announced Diablo 3 surpassed 10 million copies sold. This doesn’t necessarily mean the game sold four million copies on consoles as we’re sure some PC and Mac gamers probably purchased the game within the last 12 months. That also doesn’t mean the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions didn’t sell well. Quite the contrary as Blizzard’s Mike Morhaime says his company is pleased with Diablo 3′s sales on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Diablo 3′s sales could continue to hit some impressive numbers as the PlayStation 4 version is expected to be released some time next year, as well as the title’s first expansion, Reaper of Souls. When exactly either will be released is yet unknown at this time, but as soon as the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo 3 and its expansion Reaper of Souls are released, you can bet gamers will be even more interested in looting the crap out of creeps once again.
Next Story: Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Starts Shipping Today
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-18: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Launch Trailer Released