If you’re a soccer fan who likes to play on the field as well as the console, you’ll probably be aware of EA Sports and the amazing FIFA titles it has released over the years. EA Sports also used to market the FIFA Manager series, its popular football simulation series have a dedicated fan following and the series has been around for almost 13 years now. Sadly though, it won’t be around for much longer. It has been announced that FIFA Manager 14 is going to be the last instalment of this series, and that there will be no new titles coming out in the future. The recent title, FIFA Manager 14, is just a “legacy edition,” meaning that it doesn’t come with any significant upgrades over its predecessor.
The announcement was made in a blog post by Gerald Köhler, founder of the game. He says that the niche market and trend towards online and mobile games were the reason why FIFA Manager had to bite the dust. The series had reached a crossroads, he said, and that the only thing able to give the game a boost would have been a “new engine and/or corresponding online technology.” Evaluating these factors led them to make the decision that the final whistle on the series had to be blown.
Next Story: 'Made For iPhone' Hearing Aids Coming Early 2014
- Watch Dogs PS4 Version Dishes Out 1080p/30FPS
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase