Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.2.2 XXDMJ1 update for the Wi-Fi only Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The previous major update this tablet received was Android 4.1.2, which was rolled out a few months back. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android 4.2.2 XXDMJ1 update is being rolled out in stages, so it might take a while before it becomes available in your region. Tablet owners in Germany have already received the update, and since Wi-Fi only variants don’t need carrier approval of the update, it shouldn’t take a lot of time before the update becomes available in your region as well.
The Android 4.2.2 update brings a host of improvements and new features. A new Daydream screensaver mode, widgets on the lockscreen, separate toggles page in status bar and more are included in this update. A few features exclusive only to Samsung devices are also included as well, alongside the usual slew of bug fixes, performance and stability improvements. Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 owners may download the update over-the-air straight on their tablet itself, or they may hook it up to a computer and do the deed through Samsung Kies. Those who’re feeling a bit adventurous can obtain the flashable firmware file online and flash it manually on the tablet, though only advanced users should head down this road.
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-18: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android 4.2.2 XXDMJ1 Update Being Rolled Out
- 2013-08-19: HTC One X Android 4.2.2 Update Rolling Out Across Europe
- 2013-08-08: Samsung Galaxy Grand Gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean As Final Update
- 2013-08-05: Android 4.2.2 For Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE And Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Released
- 2013-08-01: Samsung Galaxy S2 Might Not Receive Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Due To TouchWiz Issues
- 2013-07-22: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Student Edition Arrives
- 2013-07-15: Galaxy Note 8.0 Android 4.2.2 ROM Leaks
- 2013-07-08: Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 Android 4.2.2 ROM Leaked