I am quite sure that many of us would have already heard about the likes of Oppo of China, as that country is certainly on the rise when it comes to consumer electronics, although their branding exercises would need to be enhanced even more if they were to follow in the footsteps of Samsung and LG. Gionee is definitely not a name that most folks would have heard of, but the Gionee Elife E7 does bring something special to the table that other smartphones do not – it will feature a 5.5” 1080p display alongside the Android operating system, not to mention being the first smartphone that will feature the 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset (MSM8974AC) alongside an extremely sensitive 16-megapixel camera thanks to the Largan M8 lens which has a 1/2.3” sensor and large 1.34µm pixels.
Gionee has faith that this version of the OmniVision sensor will be able to offer the best balance when it comes to resolution and pixel size, and has touted that it will still blow the unreleased and speculated 1.12µm, 16-megapixel sensor that is rumored to make an appearance on the yet unreleased and definitely unannounced Samsung Galaxy S5. What do you think o the Gionee Elife E7?
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-18: Future Google Nexus Smartphone Might Have MediaTek Solution Powering It
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)