Being able to share your current location at any time is the reason why services like Foursquare have been doing so well as not only can you let your followers know what you’re doing, but you can also receive recommendations based on where you are and what you’re doing. But there are some of us who want to share our location when we’re flying above the clouds, and today, Glympse is teaming up with in-flight Wi-Fi provider Gogo to let you do just that.
This partnership means you’ll now be able to share your flight status and its current location to your friends and family, allowing you to give them up-to-date flight information, which can be a godsend if you have tasked someone with picking you up from the airport.
Glympse will update its application this Friday, which once it’s installed, you’ll be good to go and sharing your travel mid flight without a care in the world. The process is pretty straight forward as users will need to connect to Gogo’s in-flight Wi-Fi, open the Glympse application and proceed to send your information to anyone via their phone number or email address. Whoever you send the Glympse info to won’t need to have the application installed in order to receive your current location, which is certainly a nice thing if you have relatives who aren’t too savy with their phones.
- 2014-03-12: Gogo's New App Lets Passengers Text And Call In-Flight
- 2014-02-23: Delta International In-Flight Wi-Fi Rollout Could Begin By March
- 2013-11-08: Gogo Launches Talk & Text In-Flight Service
- 2013-10-28: Gogo Expands In-Flight Wi-Fi Internationally With Japan Airlines
- 2013-09-11: Gogo Working To Improve Its Inflight Wi-Fi Speeds Sixfold