Google today rolled out an update of its Google Search app for iOS, which in turn brings an update for Google Now, a substantial one at that. There’s near feature parity between Now on iOS and Android after the update, though it may not last soon seeing as how Google is expected to update the app on Android in the near future. The app finally gets notifications support, so if its time for you to leave for that appointment in the morning, the app will notify you. Support for reminders has been added as well, users simply need to ask the app to remember something for them. The app will notify at the right time and place, if for example, you’ve set a reminder to pick up something from a gift shop.
Handsfree voice support has been added as well. Simply launch the Google Search app on your iPhone 4S or later and say “OK Google,” the app will listen and react to your commands. The UI has been tweaked, the homepage is now redesigned and is more simplified. Google has also added new cards for movies, events and tickets, even boarding passes and reservation confirmations for car rentals. The app will also display a card notifying when the last train for home leaves. Google Search app is available as a free download from the App Store.
Next Story: LG G Flex Global Launch Expected Soon
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-03-30: Google Now Could Help Remind You To Pay Your Bills Soon
- 2014-02-27: Get Google Now Launcher On Any Android Device
- 2014-02-11: Google Now Understands Your Relationship Connection
- 2014-02-03: Receive Notifications From Google Now In Chrome
- 2013-08-22: Google Now Updated