The launch of Grand Theft Auto Online wasn’t a smooth one as players experienced a number of issues with the title when it became available last month. Because of all of the issues, Rockstar Games had promised to reward players $500k GTA$ to hopefully make up for Grand Theft Auto Online’s rocky start. If you’ve been playing Grand Theft Auto Online through its stormy beginnings, today is the day you’ve been waiting for as Rockstar has started paying out their promised wad of in-game cash.
The $500,000 GTA$ should already have been added to your account, although Rockstar says it may take a total of two days to reward all of the Grand Theft Auto Online early adopters with their riches. Of course, the only way you are eligible for the stimulus package is if you installed Grand Theft Auto V’s title update 1.04 and attempted to play Grand Theft Auto Online sometime in October.
If you failed to do either of these, or you just purchased Grand Theft Auto V, don’t expect there to be a stimulus package waiting for you. Instead, just be happy you’re able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without all of the hiccups players experienced when they first released.
- 2013-12-03: GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- 2013-11-14: GTA Online Receiving Free 'Beach Bum' DLC Pack Nov. 19
- 2013-11-07: GTA Online Players Now Receiving $500k Stimulus Package
- 2013-10-30: Rockstar Rewarding Unique Selfies With GTA 5 #EpicPhotobomb Contest
- 2013-10-21: GTA Online Update Halves Money Earned From Repeated Missions
- 2013-10-14: Rockstar Says Lost GTA Online Characters And Progress Will Remain Lost Forever
- 2013-10-01: GTA Online Currently Experiencing Server Issues