We’re sure everyone has the Monday blues, and that everyone also looks forward to Fridays as well, after all TGIF, right? Well if you were thinking about clocking out a tad early and want a valid excuse for doing so, how about simulating a computer problem? Dubbed the Happy Hour Virus, this is basically a website which you can use to simulate a variety of problems, ranging from “Kernel Panic”, to “Broken Monitor”, and the dreaded “Blue Screen of Death”. The former might not be overly convincing, but the Broken Monitor and Blue Screen of Death are pretty realistic.
Of course all it takes is for your boss or IT admin to press the ESC key to figure out that it’s a hoax and for you to lose your job, so perhaps using it might not be the best move for your career. Pranking your friends, however, would be perfect, especially if you know they have spent the last 10 hours working on that report or final thesis that they have yet to save! That should teach them a thing or two, right? In any case if you’d like to check it out for yourselves, be sure to hit up its website for the details!
- 2013-11-22: Happy Hour Virus Fakes Computer Problems To Let You Get Off Work Early
- 2013-11-12: Stuxnet Did Not Infect The International Space Station (ISS)
- 2013-07-16: FBI Ransomware Tries To Shame Mac Users Into Paying $300
- 2013-02-05: DroidCleaner Malware Discovered To Mess With Android Devices, PC To Spy On You
- 2012-06-29: New Mac OS X malware discovered
- 2012-06-19: Daedalus Cyber-attack alert system from DICT