Earlier this year it was announced that Honda would be getting some iOS integration in its vehicles with the Siri Eyes Free feature, which basically allowed drivers to activate and use Siri through the car’s controls, as opposed to actually having to hold the device which could be dangerous. Well it looks like Honda’s integration will be taken one step further, and according to reports, Honda is set to make an announcement early December where iOS integration will be taken deeper into their 2014 Honda Civic vehicles.
At this time it is not clear what we could be looking at, but one feature is said to be iOS mirroring where drivers will be able to interact with their iOS device through a 7” multitouch display built into the vehicle’s dash, similar to what was shown off during Apple’s WWDC 2013 event where the company unveiled the iOS in the Car feature. According to the folks at 9to5Mac, this might not be all as their source has informed them that the feature is “more than just simple mirroring”. Either way check back with us at a later date for the details, but in the meantime what do you guys think? It’s starting to look as though the platform wars will be taken to vehicles as well!
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-17: New Honda ASIMO Displays More Human-like Movement
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2013-12-03: Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio