When Sony introduced the world to the PlayStation 4, they announced a number of next-generation games were expected to be released on the console relatively soon. One of those titles was Infamous: Second Son, although it didn’t launch with the console today. During last night’s launch event for the PlayStation 4, Sony confirmed Infamous: Second Son will be released on March 21, 2014.
Infamous: Second Son is a new open-world game by the original title’s developers, Sucker Punch. The protagonist Delsin will also have supernatural powers, similar to what Cole was able to do in both Infamous titles, although instead of using electrical currents, we’ll be introduced to Neon powers.
In addition to last night’s release date announcement for Infamous: Second Son, Sony also released a brand-new trailer for the title that gives us a closer look at just how Delsin will use his Neon powers in the game. Sony also details what we can expect from Delsin’s Neon powers in a PlayStation Blog post. “Wiith Neon, combat is all about precision from a distance,” said lead designer Jaime Griesemer. “Each shot hits hard, especially if you’re targeting the enemy’s weak points. Neon lets you dissect a squad of Dupes like a glowing purple surgeon.”
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony