For an emerging mobile platform, its essential that the app gap with its rivals is kept at bay. One method of achieving this aim is to get apps that are popular on rival platforms, so that people thinking to switch don’t have to worry about the lack of their favorite apps. Instagram is one of the most popular apps out there on both iOS and Android. Nokia confirmed last month that Instagram is going to be released for Windows Phone, and its possible that the release might take place soon. It is quite likely that the app has already been submitted to the Windows Phone Store and is now pending approval.
The Windows Phone page on Instagram’s website is now redirecting to a Windows Phone Store link that is quite likely a place holder. While the link itself is live the page doesn’t list the app at this point in time. If the app has really been submitted, it might only be a matter of days before its released for the public. Given how badly most Windows Phone users have been waiting to share filtered pictures of their food, it may seek to serve Microsoft’s own interests to expedite the approval process.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-08: Sony Windows Phone Device Expected This July
- 2014-04-07: Epic Considering Bringing Unreal Engine Onto Windows Phone
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-04-07: At least 2 Windows Phone 8.1 GDR Updates Expected This Year [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2013-11-12: 6tag For Windows Phone Updated, Lets You Hide Instagram Ads
- 2013-10-22: Instagram To Arrive On Windows Phone In The Coming Weeks
- 2013-08-04: #6tagram Windows Phone App Will Receive Instagram's Legal Blessing
- 2013-07-31: Instagram No Longer Deleting Posts By Third-Party Apps