Apple took center stage in the tech world just a few weeks ago to announce a number of products they’re planning on releasing this holiday season. One of the products Apple unveiled was the latest iPad, which it called iPad Air. At the end of their presentation, Apple announced the iPad Air would be available in several countries around the world starting on November 1, and if you happen to have a calendar handy, then you probably realized today is the day you can finally get the iPad Air.
The iPad Air seems to be a pretty big improvement over the fourth-generation iPad as it’s apparently over 80 percent faster than the previous tablet, as well as being both thinner and lighter, too. The reason for its speed boost is due to Apple including its 64-bit A7 chip, which was first introduced in the iPhone 5s. The new processor isn’t the only major improvement Apple made to the iPad Air’s innards as the new tablet also has a 5MP iSight camera that is capable of recording in 1080p, a new FaceTime HD camera, dual microphones, MMO Wi-Fi and expanded LTE support. Battery life hasn’t improved that much as owners of the iPad Air can still expect 10 hours of use out of the device.
Will you be picking up an iPad Air today? Feel free to share your excitement, or lack there of, in the comments below.
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-03-24 Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store
- 2014-01-22 Apple Reportedly Sold 25 Million iPads Last Quarter
- 2014-01-21 iPad Air Found As More Popular With U.S. Customers In December
- 2013-12-08 Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead