Rumors of an iPhone with a large display have been circulation for months now, the last coming out around September. It seems the rumor mill is spinning once again as Chinese site C Technology believes Apple is currently working on an iPhone prototype that has a 4.9-inch display.
C Technology received an insider tip revealing the large-screen iPhone is currently in the prototype stage, which they believe both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will receive a bump in their display size some time next year. Although, they admit they don’t know just how large the iPhone 5c display will get.
C Technology joins a line of publications who believe Apple will release an iPhone with a large screen next year as the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg both believe the company will finally play catch up with its competitors by offering phones with larger screens.
As is the case with the majority of Apple rumors, take what you hear today with a large dose of salt as we’ve been hearing tales of Apple increasing the display size of their iPhones for years now. Each year that passes, Apple continues to ignore increasing the display size of their iPhone, so we guess we’ll see if this year’s rumors will hold true.
Next Story: Woman Implants Platinum Heart Into Her Eyeball
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-03-31: Purported iPhone 6 Rear Casing Pictures Leak
- 2014-02-26: iPhone 6 Release In July [Analyst]
- 2014-01-15: iPhone 6 Concept Video Surfaces