Mobile payments solution Isis is backed by three of the largest mobile carriers in the U.S., Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. Isis said back in July that it would commence nationwide rollout later this year, and it finally has. The service had already been under field testing at more than 4,000 locations in Salt Lake City and Austin. Isis Mobile Wallet is yet another way subscribers of these three carriers can now use to pay for services and goods.
To mark its nationwide roll out, Isis is offering a few freebies to new users, who can get three free drinks from select vending machines by using Isis and My Coke Rewards. Jamba Juice had pledged 1 million free smoothies for Isis uses, who are also eligible to receive 20 percent discount (up to $200) on purchases made from an American Express Serve account through Isis Mobile Wallet. Those who want to use this service would require an Android smartphone that’s compatible with Isis, each carrier has specific models available, and they’ll also need an “enhanced” SIM card. Once the smartphone and the SIM are ready, users just need to download the Isis Mobile Wallet app from Google Play Store to start using the service. Existing Chase or American Express cards can be used for purchases straightaway, those who don’t have any would need to put money in a prepaid American Express Serve account through their debit or credit card. Isis has several nationwide partners which includes Radio Shack, Walgreens, Macy’s, CVS and more.
- 2013-11-14: Isis Mobile Wallet Finally Rolls Out Nationwide
- 2013-09-19: Isis Mobile Payment Solution Loses Banking Partner Capital One
- 2013-08-21: Isis Ready SIM Cards Arriving At T-Mobile Stores
- 2013-07-31: Isis Mobile Payment Solution National Rollout Commences In 2013
- 2012-10-18: Isis confirms mobile wallet rollout on Monday
- 2012-10-17: Isis mobile wallet to debut in Google Play come 22nd of October according to leaked T-Mobile screenshot