It wasn’t too long ago that the LG G Flex was announced and while we were a bit worried that the device might be limited to a South Korean release, as is with the case of the Samsung Galaxy Round, it turns out that the handset could be making its way onto major US carriers, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Well the good news is that the rumor turned out to be true, at least according to a recent FCC filing which shows the device being compatible with both AT&T and T-Mobile’s LTE network. The rumor claims that a Sprint version should be arriving as well, but so far we have not seen Sprint’s version hit the FCC yet, so perhaps it will at a later date.
However for those who don’t want to wait for any of the major carriers to make the official announcement, or would rather not be tied to a contract, you’re in luck because the handset has also gone on sale in the US, at least on Negri Electronics’ website where you can pre-order the handset unlocked for $1,100, although these appear to be imported units, so compatibility with US networks are not necessarily a guarantee. In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, but who’s planning on picking up an LG G Flex upon its release?
Next Story: Huawei President Confirms Octa-core Ascend P6S
- 2014-04-21: LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Headed For AT&T (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: The LG L65 Is Official
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-03-27: LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-03: LG G Flex Could Get 4K Video Post Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-14: LG G Flex Review
- 2013-11-21: LG G Flex For Sprint Passes Through The FCC