If you use Google Drive, one neat feature is the ability for multiple people to be able to look over a document and make any necessary changes on the fly. Microsoft seems to be following suit as they have launched the ability for multiple people to edit a document simultaneously within its Office 365 service.
“New real-time presence helps you see where your co-authors are working in the document so that you don’t create conflicts as you edit,” said Microsoft’s Amanda Lefebvre in a statement released this week. “Additionally, the new ability to see changes to text and formatting as they happen will help you and your co-authors stay on the same page as your ideas develop and evolve.”
The feature is currently available for the Web versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint as you’ll be able to collaborate among others who are working on the same document to make it better, faster and stronger in no time. That’s not the only feature Microsoft is taking out of Google’s playbook as they are also implementing a continuous autosave, which will certainly help those of us who only save our documents when we think something bad is about to happen.
To get a full grasp of what Microsoft is rolling out in Office 365, check out their official blog post.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Chinese State Media Calls Microsoft Irresponsible For Ending Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-31: Microsoft Details Smart Features For Office 365 Outlook Web App
- 2014-03-13: Microsoft Launches Office 365 Personal Subscriptions
- 2014-02-28: Los Angeles Unified School District To Use Microsoft's Office 365
- 2013-07-18: Microsoft Offering 12 Months Of Xbox Live With Office 365 Subscriptions
- 2013-05-08: Office 2011 For Mac Update Adds New Office 365 Features