During this year’s E3, Microsoft announced a number of titles would be making their way to the Xbox One when it releases on November 22. Minecraft unfortunately won’t be available at the launch of the Xbox One, but once it does become available, Xbox 360 saves may possibly be transferrable to the next-generation console.
Minecraft’s Xbox One developer 4J Studios recently responded to a fan’s tweet asking if they had any information regarding the possibility of the Xbox One support save file transfers from the Xbox 360 version. “We’re working on ways to move Xbox 360 saves to Xbox One with Microsoft,” the studio’s official Twitter account posted recently. “Can’t say it’ll be there until it’s 100% working,” 4J Studios responded.
Back in June, Microsoft’s Phil Spencer announced save transfers from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One version of Minecraft may not be available when the game launches due to a possible incompatibility issue with the larger worlds of the next-gen version. But 4J Studios certainly knows just how important this feature would be to future Xbox One Minecraft players, which is why they’re doing everything they can to make save transfers a reality for Xbox One Minecraft players as we certainly wouldn’t all of our hard work to go to waste.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi Sales Cross 2 Million
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-09: Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- 2013-11-21: Minecraft Xbox 360 Skyrim Texture Pack Now Available
- 2013-10-30: Titanfall Completely Exclusive To Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC; Sequel May Not Be
- 2013-06-17: Xbox One Version Of Minecraft May Allow For Save Transfers