Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed has typically been set in a historical setting, even though the game is decidedly modern (Assassin’s Creed players know what I’m talking about), but have you ever wondered if Ubisoft would eventually develop an Assassin’s Creed title that would bring it to the modern world? Perhaps it would be cool to see Assassin’s running along the rooftops of today’s buildings and fight modern enemies, but unfortunately if that sounds like an Assassin’s Creed title you’d love to get your hands on, it will not be happening anytime soon. This is according to Assassin’s Creed 4’s lead writer, Darby McDevitt in a Reddit AMA session.
According to McDevitt, “I doubt we would do a modern day AC […] There are just too many mechanics we would have to develop to make it believeable [sic] … vehicles, plausible modern cities, a huge array of ranged weapons, etc. The modern day will most likely remain as a “context” for all future games, something to tie them all together.” While McDevitt does not completely discount the idea, it just will not be happening anytime soon, but like he said, perhaps towards the end to act as a culmination of all the Assassin’s Creed stories to tie things up, but what do you guys think? Would you like to see a modern day Assassin’s Creed?
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01: Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases
- 2014-03-21: Assassin’s Creed Unity Teaser Trailer
- 2014-03-19: New Upcoming Assassin's Creed Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-02-24: Ubisoft Exec Denies Assassin's Creed V Will Take Place In Feudal Japan
- 2013-12-23: Ubisoft States They Will Hesitate To Delay An Assassin's Creed Game If They Feel It's Not Ready