Back when the Moto X was launched, one of its customizable features was how you would be able to place a custom engraving on the back of the device, similar to the engraving service Apple offers their customers. Unfortunately due to quality issue, the engraving feature was pulled shortly after its release with no word on when it would be making its triumphant return, at least until now. According to a recent tweet by Motorola, “Tweeps! Get ready to express yourself. Literally!” The tweet also came with the accompanying image above which shows a Moto X handset with a custom engraved message on it.
While Motorola did not explicitly state that engraving would be returning, we can only assume that this is the case, although we guess we will have to wait and see for ourselves if it is true. As it stands the Moto Maker feature is expected to make its way across all carriers at different dates in time. The feature was originally an exclusive for AT&T subscribers but soon Moto X customers on Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon will have access to the bevy of color options to choose from, and maybe even custom engravings as well! Still no word on when the Moto X with the wooden backplate will launch, but for now we’ll take custom engraving.
Next Story: Goophone Announces Their Own Smartwatch For $300
- 2014-04-20: Moto G LTE And Ferrarri Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched