Good news Motorola users! According to a recent post by Punit Soni, it has been revealed that Motorola will be updating some of its smartphones to Android 4.4 and have named devices like the Motorola DROID Mini, DROID Maxx, DROID Ultra, and the Moto X. Unfortunately the availability of the update remains unknown at this point in time, but we guess it’s still pretty awesome news for owners of the abovementioned devices, although we’re not sure if one would rather be in the dark about possible updates or spend the next few months waiting for it? What do you guys think?
Android 4.4 KitKat is the latest version of Android that was originally announced by Google a couple of months ago. Unsurprisingly the update will make its way onto the Google Nexus 5 first along with other Nexus devices, the advantage of owning a Nexus handset we suppose, and given that Motorola is owned by Google, hopefully it won’t take too long before owners of the devices mentioned above will get their update. We’re not sure if other Motorola smartphones will be included in the mix as well, but for now those are the only handsets mentioned but check back with us in the future for additional updates!
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case