Nintendo Direct today brought news about an upcoming Nintendo 3DS update which brings a unified accounts ID system as well as Miiverse to the console. Called Nintendo Network ID, users will have to ability to register the same ID on both the 3DS and the Wii U and combine their balance on both of them. They’ll also be able to purchase games from eShop on both the 3DS and the Wii U. Though this is a figurative baby step to enhanced unification between 3DS and the Wii U, Nintendo says that more of its services will use the Network ID in the future, but falls short of mentioning any names.
This particular Nintendo 3DS update will bring Miiverse as well. 3DS games are likely to get their own communities, and users’ activity on communities will be transferred once they’ve registered their Nintendo Network ID on the console. The company hasn’t said exactly revealed when we can expect this update to be released. Apparently the update is not quite ready for release at this point in time, even though that it has been announced. Nintendo has said that it plans on releasing the update later this year, possibly at some point in December.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-03-02: Yoshi Themed Nintendo 3DS Listed By North American Retailers
- 2014-01-26: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Set To Arrives As Nintendo 3DS Exclusive In Early 2015
- 2014-01-22: Phoenix Wright Makes His Way To The Nintendo 3DS
- 2013-11-14: Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-13: YouTube For Nintendo 3DS Coming Later This Month