If you love the Pokemon franchise but were looking for more games that didn’t necessarily involving pitting Pokemon against one another, how about a detective game featuring Pikachu? Thanks to a trademark filing for software called “Great Detective Pikachu”, it has been revealed that this will be title for the upcoming game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game was originally unveiled last week where the company showed off a detective game that starred the loveable Pikachu character. Basically the game involves players teaming up with Pikachu in which they go about solving crimes and defeat the evil blue version of Pokemon, but we guess we now know that the game will most likely be known as “Great Detective Pikachu”.
It was revealed back in October that a new Pokemon game that would star Pikachu was in the works, which was followed shortly after by the demo of the game that made its debut on an episode of “The Professionals” television show in Japan. The game will make use of the 3DS’ camera where Pikachu will be able to register the player’s facial expressions, and mimic them to a certain extent as well. The game is expected to see a release in 2015, suggesting that there’s still quite a long way to go before gamers will be able to get their hands on the game.
Next Story: LG G Flex: Hands-On
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-25: Free Pokemon X Or Y Next Month From Nintendo
- 2014-02-17: Nintendo Announces New Diancie Pokemon
- 2013-12-04: Nintendo 2DS Bundled With Pokemon X/Y Coming Dec. 6
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug