It has been widely believed that the range of devices Nokia unveiled during Nokia World at Abu Dhabi would be the last six devices the Finnish company would ever release, or at least until Microsoft finally acquires the company and drops the Nokia branding for good. Well the good news is that if you were looking forward to more Nokia devices in the near future, you might be in luck. According to the ever-reliable @evleaks, he has tweeted a bunch of codenames that are supposedly that of new Nokia devices, although at the moment not much is known about them but we guess these are names worth keeping an eye out for.
The leaked codenames include, Goldfinger, Moneypenny, Normandy, Phantom, and Spinel. Right of the bat the names Goldfinger and Moneypenny are recognizable as they allude to James Bond, and we have to wonder if there is any significance. More interesting would be Spinel, which according to its Wikipedia entry states that it is a magnesium and aluminum mineral, and given that Nokia has an aluminum phone in the form of the Lumia 925, we wouldn’t be surprised if they were to release another metal-clad device down the line. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset