If you were planning on getting your hands on Nokia’s latest Windows tablet, the Lumia 2520, you might be interested to learn that Verizon has officially announced the tablet’s availability for the 21st of November, a day ahead of AT&T’s own offering which is set for the 22nd of November. The tablet will be priced for $499 but if you don’t mind being tied down to a contract with Verizon, the tablet can had for $100 cheaper, but as to whether you think that’s a good deal or not is really up to you.
We knew the Lumia 2520 would be arriving on Verizon although we did not know when. We had heard the rumors that Verizon and Nokia were planning on launching the Lumia 929 on the 21st of November alongside the Lumia 2520, so it looks like at least half of that rumor panned out. Still no word on the Lumia 929, but presumably since that is a new device, Verizon and Nokia will want to deal with its announcement separately. The Lumia 2520 will be Nokia’s first foray into the modern tablet scene and it will be interesting to see if the Finnish company’s reputation will be able attract customers to the device, despite the somewhat bad rep that Window RT devices have been getting.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-02-20: Microsoft Throwing In Free Wireless Charger With Lumia Icon Purchase
- 2014-02-20: Nokia Lumia Icon Now Available From Verizon
- 2014-02-12: Nokia Lumia Icon Announced, A Verizon Exclusive
- 2013-11-07: Verizon's Lumia 2520 Tablet Could Be Priced $100 Cheaper On Black Friday
- 2013-10-13: Verizon Lumia 2520 Reportedly Launching In Third Week Of November For $499