November has been a great month for gamers, primarily because of the fact that both Sony and Microsoft released their next generation consoles. Sony released the PlayStation 4 on November 15th and sold one million units on launch day. Microsoft released the Xbox One on November 22nd and matched Sony’s milestone. The company has announced that Xbox One was the biggest launch in Xbox history with one million units being sold, this figure surpasses Xbox 360 sales on day one and also sets a new record for Microsoft.
Most retailers are now sold out of Xbox One stock, so if you weren’t lucky enough to get your pre-order in for a Day One edition or if you weren’t able to pick it up at a retailer, fret not. Microsoft says that it is working “as fast as possible” to get additional stock to retailers so that demand can be met. Xbox One launch titles racked up some impressive gameplay on launch day as well, with over 60 million zombies being killed in Dead Rising 3, 3.6 million miles being driven in Forza Motorsport 5 and 8.5 million enemies being defeated in Ryse: Son of Rome apart from the 7.1 million combos that gamers executed in Killer Instinct. These certainly are impressive stats, despite the fact that a number of customers have complained about Xbox One Blu-ray drive failing. Microsoft has taken notice of the reports and encourages customers to reach out if they experience a similar problem with their latest Xbox console.
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-13: Survey Predicts 'Swing Gamers' Opting For PS4 Instead Of Xbox One
- 2014-02-24: Xbox One Price Cut Across The Pond
- 2014-02-13: NPD: PS4 Tops Hardware Sales, Xbox One Wins On Game Sales