Parrot has given its popular AR.Drone 2.0 a makeover. The company today announced Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition, it essentially the same quadricopter that the company is known for, but now it touts three new distinct pixelated camouflage designs: Sand, Snow and Jungle. The first one, Sand, is a shading of brown, black and beige, allowing the quadricopter to blend in with sand dunes. Snow is a mixture of white, black and grey, a design that would certainly add a wow factor to the drone come winter. Last but not the least, Jungle mises khaki and brown shades for “the modern explorer in the urban jungle.”
AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition also comes with a set of propellers in two different colors for each camouflage: beige and black for the Sand, white and black for Snow and khaki and black for Jungle, so its not only the hull of the drone that has received a complete makeover. Key features of AR.Drone 2.0 remain the same, with iOS and Android apps offering an “ultra intuitive” piloting mode, and the 720p HD camera on the drone being capable of taking pictures and capturing videos to appease the spy that lives inside us all. The rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery provides up to 12 minutes of flight time. Verizon, Brookstone and Amazon will carry the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition later this month for $299.99.
- 2014-01-13: FAA Wants To Create Safety Guidelines For Drones
- 2014-01-05: Parrot Unveils MiniDrone And Jumping Sumo Robots
- 2013-12-04: SkyJack Drone Hacks And Gains Control Of Other Drones
- 2013-11-20: Parrot Announces Zik And AR.Drone 2.0 App Compatibility For Windows
- 2013-11-04: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Announced
- 2013-06-18: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Gets New Updates