Sony announced today that it is rolling out PS Vita 3.00 system update. The latest update for its portable console brings a number of new features, including a new app called PS4 Link, one that would be appealing for those PS Vita owners waiting to pick up a PlayStation 4 come November 15th. PS4 Link app basically makes the Vita a companion device to the console, as through this app, gamers can connect the Vita to the PS4 for Remote Play as well as a second screen for the PS4.
PS4 Link app lets users remotely control their PS4, also play a range of PS4 games on their Vita and display information from a game that supports second screen on to their portable console. This PS Vita update also adds the parental controls app to the home screen, through which duration of game play and use of videos and games with parental controls can be managed. Access to certain areas of the system such as location data and the internet browser can also be managed through this app. There’s also a new content manager in included in this update that lets Vita owners connect it with a PS3 over Wi-Fi to transfer data between both consoles. Other changes include improvements to the layout of Friends and Messages apps, and the addition of a new panoramic camera setting.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-01-27: Kama Stereo Headset Arrives For PS4 And PS Vita
- 2013-12-23: PS4 Helped Boost PS Vita Sales In The UK
- 2013-11-25: PS4, PS Vita Ultimate Bundle Promo Image Leaked
- 2013-11-22: PS4, PS Vita 'Ultimate Bundle' Coming In Time For The Holidays [Report]