Tomorrow Sony will finally launch its latest gaming console in Europe, including the UK. There were fears that stock will be tight on launch day, but the fears have eased up now. Major retailers Asda and Tesco have both confirmed that they will have additional stock in stores, and now another retailer has confirmed the same. Game says that it will have PS4 stock at over 300 retail stores as well as on its online store. Those who missed out when pre-orders were being offered now have a chance to grab a unit before the festive season kicks off.
On the other hand, Amazon UK already states on the website that it can not guarantee delivery before Christmas. The retailer has received a substantial amount of pre-orders, which it expects are enough to make PS4 outsell Xbox One. While there will be additional stock available, its quite likely that stores will sell out of them as well. Since the units are being offered on a first come first served basis, gamers who are itching to get their hands on the PlayStation 4 would be better off they lined up early outside stores. Sony confirmed today that it is going to switch off a couple of PSN features in Europe on launch day to ensure that the initial launch rush doesn’t cause any problems on PlayStation Network.
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: Sony Announces Over 1,000 Developers Licensed To Self-Publish On PS4