Tomorrow Sony will finally launch its latest gaming console in Europe, including the UK. There were fears that stock will be tight on launch day, but the fears have eased up now. Major retailers Asda and Tesco have both confirmed that they will have additional stock in stores, and now another retailer has confirmed the same. Game says that it will have PS4 stock at over 300 retail stores as well as on its online store. Those who missed out when pre-orders were being offered now have a chance to grab a unit before the festive season kicks off.
On the other hand, Amazon UK already states on the website that it can not guarantee delivery before Christmas. The retailer has received a substantial amount of pre-orders, which it expects are enough to make PS4 outsell Xbox One. While there will be additional stock available, its quite likely that stores will sell out of them as well. Since the units are being offered on a first come first served basis, gamers who are itching to get their hands on the PlayStation 4 would be better off they lined up early outside stores. Sony confirmed today that it is going to switch off a couple of PSN features in Europe on launch day to ensure that the initial launch rush doesn’t cause any problems on PlayStation Network.
- 2014-04-22: Walking Dead: Game Of The Year Edition Listed On GameStop
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements