With each day that passes, we’re learning more and more about the upcoming next generation of consoles. The PlayStation 4 is just eight days away from being released, which means Sony still has a lot to announce prior to the console’s official launch. Today, Sony announced a total of 11 entertainment applications will be available to PlayStation 4 owners once the console launches.
If you use popular applications on the PlayStation 3 to watch stream online videos, then this list is probably extremely important to you as up until now, we didn’t know what applications would be available once the PlayStation 4 releases.
Popular video streaming services Netflix, Hulu Plus, EPIX, Redbox Instant by Verizon and Amazon Instant Video will each have their own dedicated application available on the PlayStation 4 at launch. Sports fans will also be able to enjoy NBA Game Time and NHL GameCenter Live, while other notable applications Crackled, Crunchyroll, VUDU and YuppTV round out the list of applicatoins headed to the PlayStation 4.
Those who picku up a PlayStation 4 next week can download these applications from the TV and Video section of the console’s UI as well as by downloading them through the PlayStation Store. Sony plans to announce additional apps in the future, so if your favorite service has yet to be supported, like YouTube, we’re sure it won’t be long until they make their way to the console.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10: PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release