PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita owners by now should know all too well Sony’s regularly scheduled PlayStation Network maintenance as it seems like the company announces their network will go down for a few hours at least one day per month. It looks like today is one of those days as Sony is scheduling to bring down their PlayStation Network for maintenance for the majority of the day.
The PlayStation Network won’t be completely down, instead it’ll only be partially inaccessible for a total of seven hours. The PSN maintenance window will take place today from 11:00 a.m. ET / 8:00 a.m. PT up until 7:00 p.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. PT. This means those of you who picked up your copies of Call of Duty: Ghosts and have taken off of work this entire week to “frag some n00bs” might have some trouble doing so if you haven’t signed into the PlayStation Network recently.
In order to still be able to play games online or use applications such as Netflix, you’ll need to sign into the PlayStation Network between now and the start of the maintenance period. Unfortunately, access to the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management won’t be possible as they will be completely unavailable during the seven-hour maintenance of the PlayStation Network.
- 2013-12-16: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Being Pulled From PSN, XBLA
- 2013-12-01: PSN Suspends Redemption Of Vouchers
- 2013-11-28: Sony To Switch Off Certain PSN Features Ahead Of PS4 Launch In Europe
- 2013-11-26: Some North American PSN Passwords Reset After ‘Irregular Activity’ Detected
- 2013-11-07: PSN Scheduled Maintenance Occurring For Seven Hours Today
- 2013-09-24: PlayStation Network Maintenance Scheduled For September 25
- 2013-04-11: Ubisoft Announces Flashback Remake For XBLA, PSN
- 2013-03-29: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Headed To PSN Next Week
- 2013-03-25: DuckTales Remastered Coming To XBLA, PSN, Wii U This Summer
- 2013-02-26: Sony's PSN Promotion Gives You $10 For Every $50 Spent This Month