Yesterday we reported that due to a sighting on the Colombian iTunes App Store, it was hinted that a redesigned Remote app would be released in the near future. Well the good news for those who are heavy users of the Remote app, you’ll be pleased to learn that the app has since been updated and released. If you have disabled automatic app updates, you will need to hit up the iTunes App Store to manually download the app yourself.
Unfortunately apart from the redesign, it does not appear that Apple has made any major changes to the app, at least not based on its changelog which reads, “This version of Remote has been completely redesigned for iOS 7 and adds support for iTunes 11.1.” We guess those who are particular about consistency, this update should bring the app in line with iOS 7’s design, doing away with the old buttons and gradients in favor of a more “flat” and whiter theme.
For those unfamiliar with the Remote app, it allows iOS users to control their Apple TV and iTunes library remotely as long as all devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Users will be able to pause/play songs/videos, adjust volume, and skip ahead all from the app itself. The app is a free download so if you’d like to check it out, hit up the iTunes App Store for the download.
- 2014-02-20: Xbox One Media Remote Announced
- 2013-12-12: Remote App For iOS Updated With iTunes Radio Support
- 2013-11-19: Logitech Harmony Remotes To Receive Xbox One Launch Support
- 2013-11-05: Remote App For iOS Updated
- 2013-01-31: Unwanted TV Remotes Compiled Into Infrared TV
- 2011-07-29: MeeGo developer creates XBMC Media Center remote control app
- 2011-05-18: Lockitron turns your phone into a door key
- 2011-03-18: Google TV remote released (iOS)
- 2011-03-07: Google to pull the Android kill switch