Back in June, Samsung announced the Galaxy S4 Zoom which was essentially the Galaxy S4 with a bigger and better camera on board, although it does sacrifice the svelteness of the device in favor of a larger camera, but we guess depending on the user, this may or may not be a bad thing. In any case as promised, the handset has been launched and is now available for purchase via AT&T for $199.99 on a new 2-year contract with the carrier, or if you’d rather not be tied down, you can pay $529.99 for the device off-contract. No word if the Galaxy S4 Zoom will arrive on other carriers, since it does not state if this is an AT&T exclusive, but for now AT&T will be your go-to carrier.
As far as specs are concerned, the Galaxy S4 Zoom will feature a 4.3” qHD display with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage, and a 2,330mAh battery which while decently sized, might deplete quickly if you use the camera feature often. The camera (and its main selling point) is a 16MP camera with 10x optical zoom and optical image stabilization. Its default aperture is set at f/3.1 and will have its ISO extend up to 3,200, a xenon flash unit, and a physical shutter button which some photographers might appreciate. So, any takers?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Galaxy S5 Pre-Order On AT&T Announced
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo And Gear Fit Pre-Orders For AT&T Announced
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2013-11-04: AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom Launches November 8th For $199 On Contract
- 2013-10-16: EVLeaks Show Off Galaxy S4 Zoom For AT&T