It was just recently when the alleged specs of the Samsung Galaxy S5 was leaked and according to the rumors, one of the alleged features of the upcoming device is a 16MP camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) on board. However as it turns out, a rumor from ETNews, it has been suggested that perhaps the Samsung Galaxy S5’s camera might not come with OIS after all. Apparently this is due to Samsung unable to get all the necessary components in time, which means that OIS for the Galaxy S5 will be omitted and instead be reserved for Samsung’s devices later in 2014, presumably the Galaxy Note 4 as being one of them.
Other alleged specs include a 64-bit Samsung Exynos chipset or a Snapdragon chipset from Qualcomm. It is also rumored to feature 3GB of RAM, a 4,000mAh battery, and will most likely come with Android 4.4 KitKat on board. We have also heard how it might be possible that the phone could sport a metal casing. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is rumored to go into production in January 2014 and is expected to see a release in March 2014, meaning that there is a good chance the handset will make its debut at CES 2014 or MWC 2014 (although we think the latter will be more likely).
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off